Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Dumb Things Do Happen

Boy did I feel like a idiot, last night I stopped by the Barnes & Noble at the Chesterfield Towne Center to pick up a book for Walter. Of course, it was beginning to drizzle at the time and I thought for sure that I'd be able to make it in and out before it really began to rain. Wrong! As I was heading out the store back to the car the rain had kicked up and was pelleting down sideways. Lovely. So off I headed or at least so I thought. I started across the sidewalk and toward the parking lot and the next thing I knew I was picking myself up off the pavement. I know that was attractive looking. I still don't know what happened. My best guess is that I slipped on the curb as I was stepping off onto the pavement.

I'm stiff, sore, and slightly banged up but give it a couple of days and I'll be back at it. Thank goodness for Advil and soaking in a hot tub. Together they sure do ease the ache. I've been fine as long as I don't make any sudden moves into odd positions. Just glad the job doesn't entail doing deep knee bends right now. Give me a few days to get over the aches and pains and I'll be laughing about this. It surely must have been a sight to see.

Speaking of work, we had another implant seminar at the office this evening. Dr. Martin had a very educational presentation for all there. It was a nicely sized crowd of very interested attendees. Our next one will be at the end of January.

Walt was a big help this evening, heading out to pick up Sean from his driver's ed class for me. Some days is seems it does take adults to get something done. With Dean in class and me working the job of chauffeur fell to Walter. I appreciate his pitching in so much.

I got a picture this afternoon from Kelly of the gingerbread house, in progress. It's beginning to look very nice. It seems that the delay in construction is the icing. It isn't drying as quickly as they would like, thus delaying the decorating process. Perhaps they will have opportunity to get it finshed before the weekend.

Now if I could only get to sleep this evening, that would be a spectacular end to the day.

No comments: