Saturday, March 7, 2009

Winding Down the Week

Here it is the end of a long week. It has been quite eventful. The big snow, a snow day, a teaser snow day, adventures in ice driving, late work nights, a couple of teleconference, continued on and off construction in the house, window delivery, all to be topped off with the two-day conference.

The conference which was the big build up for the week has gone very well. Our doctors arrived on Friday morning all in good spirits, having come in from all parts of the United States (Connecticut, Florida, California, Minnesota, and even Hawaii). Our group is ever expanding, It was great greeting them all, they have become more like friends rather than just 'clients'. There were several doctors in the group that weren't in attendance and they were greatly missed. I trust that they will be here in June at our next meeting.

Yesterday, during our meeting, I had a conference call and was able to get near a window on the 10th floor of the Omni here in Richmond. The view was quite interesting. It was the reflections in the windows of the neighboring building that were of particular interest.




There was even a view of the James River and train tracks running beside it. Looking a little closer we were even able to see the rapids near the middle of the river.


Driving into Richmond this morning I noticed on the Wachovia Securities building sign that the DOW was sitting near 6650. Wow! Where have I been for the last few weeks/months? The last time that I had heard or noticed it was sitting at just under 10,000. It must be all the hours that I'm keeping at the office (and away from the news media in general). If they aren't talking about it on 107.3 (this is what we have piped into the office) I'm not hearing about it.

As I pulled up to the stop light at the end of the road, the daffodils in the median were in full bloom. It's hard to believe that just five days ago it was nothing but a big pile of snow. On top of that I was plesantly surprised this evening when I arrived back home. There are crocus' blooming in the front yard. It is going to be a Spring full of surprises, since we haven't a clue as to what's actually planted in the yard.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought For the Day:
"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. ... I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere." - Thomas Jefferson

Hot and Cold Sex

After his exam the doctor said to the elderly man:

"You appear to be in good health. Do you have any medical concerns you would like to ask me about?"

"In fact, I do," said the old man.

"After I have sex I am usually cold and chilly, and then, after I have sex with her the second time, I am usually hot and sweaty."

After examining his elderly wife, the doctor said:

"Everything appears to be fine. Do you have any medical concerns that you would like to discuss with me?"

The lady replied that she had no questions or concerns.

The doctor then said to her: "Your husband had an unusual concern. He claims that he is usually cold and chilly after having sex with you the first time, and then hot and sweaty after the second time. Do you know why?"

"Oh that crazy old man," she replied.

"That's because the first time is usually in January and the second time is in August."

The Importance of Correct Punctuation

Dear John:

I want a man who knows what love is all about. You are generous, kind, thoughtful. People who are not like you admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me for other men. I yearn for you. I have no feelings whatsoever when we're apart. I can be forever happy--will you let me be yours?
Gloria

Dear John:

I want a man who knows what love is. All about you are generous, kind, thoughtful people, who are not like you. Admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me. For other men, I yearn. For you, I have no feelings whatsoever.

When we're apart, I can be forever happy. Will you let me be?

Yours,
Gloria

No comments: