Saturday, November 6, 2010

Urbanna Oyster Festival


I left Walter sleeping at the house on Friday and made a quick trip to the Urbanna Oyster Festival.

The oyster fritters cooked up by the Lions' Club were to die for. YUM!! I even made sure to bring Walt some home. He'd have surely been disappointed to find out that I had gone and he'd missed out on them. I even found him some alligator sausage and jalapeno crab poppers to sample too.

I found these really neat looking things called Hedgeapples.  They will look great in a bowl over the holidays, but turns out that there a lot of different things that can be done with them.  There is even a whole website devoted to them www.hedgeapple.com

Walter is even thinking of trying to grow one for the yard....We will see how that goes.

The funniest thing that I saw on my trip was the sign going into Urbanna which said, "Town Closed Friday".  You can go into town just not by car, but it is too funny.

No comments: