Thursday, October 5, 2006

Thursday

To all the family that has a class today, whether it be in elementary, middle, high school or college! You all rule at what you do. Have a fabulous day at school.

The our elementary, middle and high school students are nearing in on the first half of the first nine weeks of school. Good luck on the interim grades coming out the end of next week. To the college students you can do it, all it takes is one day at a time.

Today is even my day to do some class work in CS2. It won't take too long for my lesson.

Just found out that tickets are available for the Richmond Highland Games & Celtic Festival, they can now be ordered online.


Sean came home from school early today, he was trying to come down with a bronchitis type thing. After taking some of Pastor Eaves concoction he was feeling much better, and asked Mommaw to come down to visit. She bribed him by telling him that she would come if he would let her take his picture. Which came out wonderfully!!

Before she had arrived I had slipped out into the yard and taken this really neat photo of a mushroom. I was able to show the "gills" under the cap, which I haven't gotten before. I also had a few other types, but this was the different one. If you look real close and turn your head upside down it almost resembles a ball gown from the 1860's.

Mom ran with us to the grocery store to pick up a few items. Milk and other stuff to drink and the big surprise for Dean, X-Men The Last Stand. Then it dawned on me that he has class tonight and won't be able to watch it until tomorrow. Sorry, but my intentions were in the right place.

The temperatures have turned here and are beginning to drop. I expect it to begin raining anytime now, and to continue to do so for the next few days. Sean helped me to get the water hose and sprinkler up and I've battened down the deck, so we are prepared.

I got a little excited and inspired this evening by the mushroom and flipped it over and did some work on it in PhotoShop and came up with my Mushroom Fairy. Hope that ya'll like her as much as I did doing it.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Emergency Flowers

I stopped at a florist shop after work to pick up roses for my wife. As the clerk was putting the finishing touches on the bouquet, a young man burst through the door, breathlessly requesting a dozen red roses.

"I'm sorry," the clerk said. "This man just ordered our last bunch." The desperate customer turned to me and begged, "May I please have those roses?"

"What happened?" I asked. "Did you forget your wedding anniversary?"

"It's even worse than that," he confided. "I crashed my wife's hard drive!"

4 comments:

Ahmad Abu Samah said...

Hooray!!!
We sure rule!
Its wonderful to go to your blog.
Nice meeting you.
Do visit me at http://PWSSyukran.blogspot.com
Thank you.

Dorothy said...

Think I'd stay away from the above. Not sure about this person.

Judy said...

Oh I checked his site. It's an advertisement - he apparently does some sort of financial advising, but the blog is a mess.

Sbrewer said...

how do u find all of these odd mushrooms?!! i have never seen half of them before!! i see like two different kinds around here!! very strange!!