Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Wednesday

Up before the sun these days, the moon was gorgeous this morning surrounded by clouds giving off a soft glow. Lovely.

Tweat has been giving us some odd things to look at...last night she was sitting on her perch and her body was parallel to the perch. She's been doing that again this morning and using the perch to scratch her head. Weird behavior, but she does look like she is having fun. I figured out what's up with her sitting sideways on the perch. She is trying to peel the bark off and there is a little nub there that is giving her trouble - so she is turning every which way to get an angle on to be able to peel the bark off around that "knot".

I've been in a funk for the past few days, Alice tells me that several other people that she's talked to at work have been feeling the same way. I guess we are all there for different reasons, but just the same in a funk. Mine is the same old unresolved stuff and a couple of new things thrown in for good measure. I'll get over it - sometime, but I sure would like for it to be over and thing to be on the upswing. I don't like where I am. I'm trying to fix it or at least come to terms with it, but it is taking awhile. Meanwhile I think I've come up with a theme song, If You're Going Through Hell (Before the Devil Even Knows), by Rodney Atkins

On the way to a doctor's appointment this morning I saw this lovely example of Fall foliage from the car window!


After my doctor's appointment this morning, I went on a little shopping expedition at the Goodwill Store. I'm looking for a non-functioning (smallish)chandelier to convert to use for candles. I want it to look like old cast iron & ceramics together. The idea is there, just have to find the pieces. Not finding what I was looking for I looked around and found a pair of pants, skirt, shirt and a sweater shirt. Hot Dog! The sweater goes with the pants & skirt; and the shirt will go with any khaki or navy pants that I have. Not too bad for a surprise find.

I rode out to visit with Mom for a short while before Sean came home from school. We had baked potato lunch - Yum! and a short visit. I also took immediate notice of this pink mushroom as I turned into the driveway. It was just too interesting. Mom said it reminded her of the Smurf houses.

I noticed on the way home that the high school is having home coming this weekend, with their powder puff game earlier this week. Best wishes to the team this weekend and I hope that everyone who attends the Homecoming Dance has a great time.

Lilly

Well, we had a bit of a surprise this afternoon. Sean had this little gal follow him home. She is only six weeks old, and may wind up being a guest at our home for a long time. Sean has decided to call her Lilly, a much better name than Draco (which is much much to masculine for a little girl). At least she has little feet, but right now a big appetite. We'll find out just how well this is going to work out over the weekend.

Carla has not been too upset, but she is not exactly happy either. At least she is settled that she's my dog. So far she has been tolerant, but I don't think it will be long before she puts the newcomer in her place. Carla is the top dog around here and shouldn't have to give that up.
Lilly

This evening Sean, took Miss Lilly out to potty before they went off to sleep. Amazingly they both were asleep before 9 p.m.

Although I am not very hapy about having another dog, it may turn out to be a good for Sean. As it is now Lilly follows him around where ever he is going. So....we will see how it all works out. There is even an adoption offer on the table should things not work out.

Dean and I checked on Sean & Lilly a little after 9 p.m. and it was amazing to see how "dead" asleep they both were. She was cuddled up with him. Since she is so young this is probably the way that she'll end up sleeping. Perhaps she'll be as good to him as Carla is to me.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

"Exact Address"

Torrential rainstorms were knocking down power lines all over town. That meant, as a customer service rep for the electric company, I was dispatching repairmen right and left.

When one lineman called a customer to get her exact address, he was told, "I'm at Post Office Box 99."

The weary lineman replied, "Ma'am, I'll be coming to you in a truck, not an envelope."

Optical Illusions

Aunt Barbara sent along these optical illusions for the day. A couple I had seen before but they are neat.

No comments: