Monday, October 30, 2006

Surprise Monday

One of our neighbors moved a camping trailer into their driveway a number of nights ago and now it seems that one of their sons may be living in it. Of course, I'm not sure of this but it does seem that someone was out there with the lights on too late to just be 'cleaning it up'. Time will tell on this one.

I apologize to all those who tried to talk to me on the phone before 10:00 a.m. - I wasn't all there this morning. Grogginess prevailed and I couldn't tell you anything I said to ya'll. Ya'll know I'll call you later in the day. The dogs had all snuggled down close by and gone to sleep so I guess it was quite contagious. Sorry all!

Sean has been working on some of his classwork this morning and has played for a bit on the computer. I've helped him go over his review sheets. I believe that he'll be able to take advantage of this extra time to come up with a great score on his history test when he returns to school.

It seems that Mom told me that Sam is going to try to learn to play the trumpet, just like his daddy. It will be interesting to see if he takes to it. Elda is hunting down her clarinet as an option if the trumpet doesn't work out.

Our mundane Monday was quickly changed into a day with a MAJOR SURPRISE!. Danielle dropped by to visit with us. She stayed for about 15-20 minutes before heading off to final choir practice before tonight's performance. She dropped off a ticket for me to go to her concert tonight. Amazing!

Danielle enjoyed meeting Miss Lilly as you can tell by the pictures. She told Sean that she was going to take her home with her. She thought that she was so cute and lovable.

She filled us in on Miss Faith who has had a temperature for the past days - it is just a virus that will pass. She has just cut her 2nd tooth and still expecting the top two now.

They made it out to the Celtic Festival on Sunday. They even arrived early - they forgot to set their clocks back as well as their watches so they ended up leaving earlier from the games than they had expected to do. They had fun, but the wind and wetness got to them too. Just like it hit us on Saturday.

Danielle singingI had an enjoyable evening at the MHS Fall Concert. I was surprised to meet Jeanie, my choir buddy, and we spent the evening watching our girls do their thing.

The concert was truly wonderful. All of the groups performed excellently. Danielle's group the Madrigal Singers performed two pieces, Oh My Love, by Norman Luboff and And Nature Smiled, by Allen Koepke. Danielle is on the top row in the picture. She is always in the wrong spot on stage for me to take a photograph. Usually she is on the right side of the stage so I dutifully sat to the left in the audience so I could get a great shot. So of course, she was on the left side of the stage hidden from view for the most part. I did try...

Rebekah & Rachel
The combined choirs performed Regina Coeli, written by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. They were fabulous! These Fall Concerts have gotten better each year, the quality of the instruction is surely reflected in the performances.

I got a great shot of Jeanie's girls, Rebekah & Rachel. They were all amazed that they both looked good in the same photograph. Rachel sings with the Lancer Singers and Rebekah is in the Concert Choir. I sent along all the photos that I took of the girls to Jeanie. I hope that the girls enjoy them.

Oh...I did also get a photo of Carson (her other brother) to send along to Danielle. I also sent this along to Carson.

DanielleI was able to slip out right after the concert where I managed to get several shots of Danielle. The one alone was one of the best ones that I got all evening of her. Most of the photos were grainy and yucky - too far away and with terrible lighting. I asked Danielle about their outfits, they were all wearing pink shirts with black skirts. She said that the costumes that they had ordered were terrible - that they had many girls popping out of them in various places so in order to maintain decency they wore other matching clothes.

Danielle & BenBen was a surprise attendee, he was able to attend this evenings concert prior to heading directly off to school afterwards. Danielle was riding home with the in-laws. I was able to pass off some extra business cards of mine onto Al, for the office. Hopefully they will produce some painting works for me in the future.

Miss Faith was not in attendence, she was spending the evening at home with a sitter. According to Ben she was feeling better.

Jeanie & her girls and I had a very funny incident that occurred as we were leaving. I was wearing my "bob" hair piece and the girls were talking about how cute it looked. Then I popped it off and showed it to Rebecca who promptly screamed. It was so funny. We were joking about my wearing it to church and taking it off during choir practice. Who knows it might just be a really exciting moment.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thoughts for the Day:
  • "Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow." - Melody Beattie
  • I dream for a living." Steven Spielberg
  • If your goal is to be comfortable, chances are you’ll never get rich. But if your goal is to be rich, chances are you’ll end up mighty comfortable. - T Harv Eker
The Cabbie and the Nun

A cab driver picks up a nun. She gets into the cab, and notices that the VERY handsome cab driver won't stop staring at her. She asks him why he is staring.

He replies: "I have a question to ask you but I don't want to offend you."

She answers, " My son, you cannot offend me. When you're as old as I am and have been a nun as long as I have, you get a chance to see and hear just about everything. I'm sure that there's nothing you could say or ask that I would find offensive."

"Well, I've always had a fantasy to have a nun kiss me."

She responds, "Well, let's see what we can do about that: #1, you have to be single and #2, you must be Catholic.

The cab driver is very excited and says, "Yes, I'm single and Catholic!"

"OK" the nun says. "Pull into the next alley."

The nun fulfills his fantasy with a kiss that would make a hooker blush. But when they get back on the road, the cab driver starts crying.

My dear child," said the nun, "why are! you crying?"

"Forgive me but I've sinned. I lied and I must confess, I'm married and I'm Jewish."

The nun says, "That's OK. My name is Kevin and I'm going to a Halloween party."

No comments: