Monday, October 2, 2006

The Moods of Monday

I've already gathered all the dirty clothes together this morning and am about to embark on the great laundry expedition. Moving mountains, braving the turbulent choppy waters, contact with household chemicals, and bearing up against the strong and tumbling winds all in order to get the clothes clean. Sounds like a great battle when I put that way :).

I'm paying for the great outdoor adventure yesterday, I didn't think to take any allergy medication and I'm a bit stuffed up. Just the normal outdoor allergens that pop up this time of year. But I'll suffer through because yesterday was so much fun. I'll have to put a rubberband on my wrist next year to remind me to take something so I'll be prepared ahead of time.

I've checked in with Walter this morning and he sounded TERRIFIC! Very well rested and ready for the new week. I'm so glad that he is feeling better than he was last week. Dad sounded good this morning is out this morning to mow the yard. Louise was also recovering nicely from their Rally Day day at church. Their service was three combined and just the worship service ran two-hours long. Not to mention the dinner on the grounds afterwards. They had quite the crowd.

Sean didn't get out to school until this afternoon. He was feeling poorly and stayed in the bed until he came around. When he was ready to go, he was ready. Up, dressed and out the door almost before I could get my shoes on

While Sean was recouperating I was able to get all the laundry wash, folded and put away. I transplanted my herbs that Danielle gave me for Mother's Day into the back flower bed for winter. They fill-in the empty space in front of the tree. I've only held back the rosemary (it won't live outside during the winter) to put into a pot inside for the winter. I even planted the shamrock plants, the pinks and purple. It is getting time to settle all the plants for the upcoming winter. I've just about got them all done now.

Mom has arrived safely back home from her trip. She did have one traffic tie up to deal with on I-81, traffic was parked while an accident was cleared up. She used the time to read a book that she had with her. Better than trying to take a nap.

Walter stopped by on his way to History class tonight. He has a test and just wanted to drop by and visit for a spell before heading on over to the school. I told him to shoot for an A, he said he would be happy with a B. I think he still needs to get the A.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Quotes of the Day:
  • "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan
  • "I sometimes wonder whether all pleasures are not substitutes for joy." - C.S. Lewis
  • "One of the secrets of a happy life is continuous small treats." - British novelist, Iris Murdoch
  • You can choose to think in ways that will support you in your happiness and success instead of ways that don't. - T Harv Eker
Today's Insights:

"For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God." - John 3:20-21

"The human mind is not capable of grasping the Universe. We are like a little child entering a huge library. The walls are covered to the ceilings with books in many different tongues. The child knows that someone must have written these books. It does not know who or how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. But the child notes a definite plan in the arrangement of the books, a mysterious order which it does not comprehend, but only dimly suspects." - Albert Einstein

No comments: