Wednesday, October 4, 2006

The Midweek Hump

Now for all the rest of us who work at home this really only means that we will have two days in which everyone else is home with us all day. Which can be both a good and bad thing, depending on how you look at it. Either it will be loads of fun or lots of work. Let's all wish and hope of a fun filled weekend.

Sean is off to school bright and early this morning. He and Andy are riding the bus in this morning. It is good to see them off together in the morning.

I've started the morning off by taking down the port-a-crib in my bedroom. I have not had the opportunity to put it to any use, by putting it away until I actually have the need to bring it out will keep it from breaking my heart by continually looking at it.

I planted the little yellow flowers that Mom gave me at the beginning of the summer in the ground near the birdfeeder. I also moved several of the items from the side of the toolshed to behind it with the trash cans. It gives it a really nice look from the street.

I'm feeling a little better than last night. The extra sleep helped plus I'm taking echinacea, garlic & lecithin to help battle whatever it is I have, and it is working. Thank you Pastor Eaves for telling me about this concoction 14 years ago.

Dean has been out late this evening working...I'm updating at 7:45 pm and he is still not home from work. There must have been some tragedy in the fab. I hope that he gets it straight soon, so that he will have the opportunity to get home and sleep some before having to go back in early in the morning.

Bubba
May 2006-October 2006

Tragic news to report this morning, Bubba, age five months, has gone to that big fish tank in the sky. It was really weird. I fed him this morning and he did the whole shark thing of his fins breaking the water when he attacked his food, but that must have been his last hurrah, as he has passed away. His antics will be missed. The "shark" like behavior and splashing water out of his bowl to get attention and maybe a piece of food. He will have a burial at sea as per his wishes.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

"Nutritious Eating"

According to a recent article I just read on nutrition, they said eating right doesn't have to be complicated. Nutritionists say there is a simple way to tell if you're eating right. Colors. Fill your plates with bright colors. Greens, reds, yellows.

In fact, I did that this morning. I had an entire bowl of M&M's. It was delicious! I never knew eating right could be so easy.

I now have a whole new outlook on life.

Rainbow's End

I received this from my Aunt Barbara, she had it come to her in an email.

I never believed it! Still not sure I believe the part about it being full of gold!

I've heard this story all my life and I have finally seen it!

FINALLY SOMEONE WAS ABLE TO PHOTOGRAPH THE POT AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so sad about the port-a-crib; and also the fact that you cannot put any pictures of Faith on you blog, that was the only way I was able to watch her grow. Maybe after a while they'll have a change of heart and let you start posting again.