Friday, October 27, 2006

Friday

The temperatures have risen to a much nicer 51-degrees. There was a small amount of rain during the night, but the slates were dry this morning. Sean & I are headed off to the grocery store this morning. If I can wake up and reduce this headache that I have somewhat. I've got to go up and wake Sean. Shouldn't be too bad - Lilly will help out on this one.

Before you vote next month be sure to check out the just released information regarding the novels that James Webb candidate for Senate has produced. It is truly shocking and disgusting. The news broke on the Drudge Report this morning! Remember to support Senator George Allen and his re-election!

Our Pumpkin 2006Wow! grocery shopping was interesting today. Marion met up with us at WalMart and shopped with us until she was finished. We finished up and headed home - it had begun to rain as we were leaving the store. It was helpful to have Sean to help get the groceries in from the car too!

Sean has took time out this afternoon to carve our pumpkin for Halloween. A bit early, but if temperatures don't get too high it will last until Tuesday without any difficulty. That is unless Lilly decides to eat it. She has been eating pumpkin seeds and little pieces of pumpkin. Strange pup.

Walter has dropped by to spend part of the evening with us. Right now he and Lilly are laying on the loveseat. Walter with his calves & feet hanging off the end and Lilly all stretched out on his chest sound asleep. He and Sean are watching some strange program on G4 - a mystery type program about gamers.

We are all heading out to the Highland Games & Celtic Festival this weekend. I've been so looking forward to it. I know that we will have a great time, if nothing more than watching the ferret-legging. A bizzar and strange event involving sweatpants and ferrets inside them. Nothing more to say on that except could you image a ferret running around inside your pants?

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thoughts for the Day:
  • "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart." - Helen Keller
  • "Brain cells come and go but fat cells live forever."
Humor for the Day: Seen on a fence: "Salesmen welcome! Dog food is expensive."

Fall gathering of Kinfolk

Being a Christian is like being a pumpkin. God lifts you up, takes you in, and washes all the dirt off of you. He opens you up, touches you deep inside and scoops out all the yucky stuff-- including the seeds of doubt, hate, greed, etc. Then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light inside you to shine for all the world to see. This was passed on to me from another pumpkin. Now, it is your turn to pass it to a pumpkin. I liked this enough to send it to all the pumpkins in my patch. Happy Autumn!

Lost Baggage

I couldn't find my luggage at the airport baggage area. So I went to the lost luggage office and told the woman there that my bags never showed up.

She smiled told me not to worry because she was a trained professional and I was in good hands.

"Now," she asked me, "has your plane arrived yet?"

No comments: