Sunday, October 1, 2006

Sunday

We woke up to the remnants of a overnight rain, I bet that the rain was excellent for the new grass seed that Dean has sown over the past few days.

Today is homecoming at church today, we are expecting a big crowd. The goal is to beat last year's attendance of around 650. I don't know yet how many people were at church today, but it was sure a packed house. The Sounds of Liberty were our special musical group this year and they really set a fantastic mood for the day. Dr. Fowler's message was excellent as usual. There even a couple of humorous confessions that a large part of the congregation could identify with - like not wearing shoes whenever possible. (Of course I could almost guess that there were at least 10-12 women sitting in the pews at that very moment without their shoes on - including myself.) There were so many in attendance at the meal afterwards, the preparations had even included extra tents on the grounds. We even brought home some of Billy's barbecue for later on and some to put into the freezer. It is soooo good.

We missed seeing Danielle & family at church today. I hope that they are well and that Miss Faith is making out well with her teething.


Following dinner there was a crowd that gathered in front of the church to play football. Sean was playing and even Dr. Fowler got into the act removing his shoes and good shirt to play with the kids. They had a really good time - I believed that they played for almost a full hour.

While the guys were playing football, I slipped around the butterfly bushes at the edge of the field and snapped up a few pictures of some busy bees and a couple of moths. One of the bushes was totally devoid of flowers while the other stood as a great temptation with the little bundles of blossoms, not full flower as earlier in the year, these are those final flowers before going dormant. Yet the bees and moths were truly working over the flowers making sure not to miss any bud.

As soon as we arrived home Dean hopped out onto the deck to bring in Miss Tweat, she had stayed out all during church. I think that she had a fine time, as she was chirping and carrying on when he brought her inside. This evening we've been chilling out and relaxing for the remaining part of the day. Sean has been out with friends, skating and goofing off in general.
I received a really nice email from Ray Olinger today he sent me a .pdf file of some information that another relative found in a Luthern church in Bavaria a few years ago. I haven't dived into it yet, but I expect it to be quite interesting. I've been busy playing with my pictures this afternoon and really didn't want to do any reading.

Dean put the sprinkler on the yard again (front and back), he may have a good crop of grass before the leaves fall. And as an added bonus the birdbath is getting filled and all the shrubbery that I planted earlier in the year is getting a good watering also.

I visited with Debbie for a spell, she and Alex are doing fine. I'vejust missed seeing them. They seem always on the go and out doing stuff.

No comments: