I was told that my name was on the file associated with this person and that I would need to have them return their call to have my name removed. I reiterated to them that no such person lived or had lived at our home. She asked me to check with other members of the household and have them give the message to "X" so that they could return the call and have my name removed from the file associated with "X".
I told them I would take their name and number, but that we had only had this phone number for a couple of years and had no idea of who had it prior to us.
THIS IS A SCAM!
- Did you get a call from 866-378-8333
- Did you get a call from 405-233-3382
- Posts here give the company's contact info
- They do not call before serving papers. How dumb would that be?
- They called our house line, which generally only gets calls from political committees and pollsters, or just plain old wrong numbers. We just don't use the number for anything at all if someone wants us they know how to reach us. We've only had the house phone for a couple of years - and who know who had it before we did!
- I didn't push it, but should have found out what address they were going to try to serve. It would have been interesting to find out if they were actually going to try to serve our house.
- They never did ask my name or tell me my name, so I don't know who's name it is that they have associated with that file number they gave me.
- Never volunteer any information to someone that calls you.
- Check them out.
- You can always call the local police to check if is a SCAM.