Sunday, November 25, 2007

Holiday Weekender

I've been pretty busy during this holiday weekend. Friday - I slept in and then went out to get my hair done. It had been since September so I was in true need of hair color and a good cut. Mom had me do a small bit of sale shopping for her, which turned out to be hardly shopping at all. No crowd. I had not been feeling well during the morning so I ended up getting some daytime cold meds, and nighttime as well, to begin working on getting myself well. The meds worked great - I spent the rest of Friday sleeping.

Saturday was Hokie Day - Dr. Martin had reserved a table for a group from work and his family to watch the Virginia Tech vs. University of Virginia football game at Champps. We had great seats and the HiDef televisions made it easy to watch. There was a sea of burgandy in the room with a smattering of orange & blue. I took Walter along with me and although neither of us follow football with any regularity it was fun. The spectators in the restaurant made it particularly fun to watch. Good game, good food, & good fun. I did get opportunity to phone Danielle in the afternoon - she didn't have time to speak with me. She was busy tending to a house full of sick ones. Fortunately she wasn't sick herself - I know what a big job it is to tend to two sick ones at a time. I hope and pray that I was speaking with her towards the end of their illness and that everyone returns to their normal health in record time.

Sunday already - I feel like I have just about been the laziest human being. I've slept late (past 8:30 a.m.) for the past four days. Taken drug induced naps (daytime cold meds) for the past three and slept like a rock. I'm beginning to think that some of the achiness is from sleeping so much, but I've really needed it.

No comments: