Sunday, January 6, 2008

Sunday

We've pretty much spent the day tending to Walt's odd hot and cold spells. One minute he's hot and the next cold.

The biggest scoop is that the Compaq had a brain glitch on Thursday evening. It really was having a terrible time. It decided that it was not going to restart without being in SafeMode, then after I tried to shut it down to reboot regularly it just sat here with a screen saying that it was shutting down. It stayed that way for hours.

So...Walter and I headed up to Circuit City on a replacement mission. There was so much information on the Compaq that needed to be retrieved. I picked up a new HP laptop to replace the other. It is very nice, but definitely going to take some getting used to using. There are a number of new whistles and bells that are nice that I didn't even find them until three days later. I do believe that I have finally gotten all the appropriate software installed and ready to go, as well as all the working files that I need transferred.

No comments: