Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Disturbing News

You could have knocked me over with a feather! I just heard yesterday, that a gentleman that I have known of for over 35 years had been arrested, tried and convicted of child molestation. Obviously it happened - they wouldn't have had the evidence to convict him otherwise, but....this type of behavior is so contradictory to the man that I was acquainted with. Just a total opposite.

It happens, but WOW! It was the absolute last thing that I thought that I'd ever hear about him. Of course how well do we really know anyone or what it is that could have influenced them. I'm sure that I'll be shaking my head over this for years to come.

Then on top of this I found out that a senior pastor at a local church had been having an affair with one of the women in the congregation. That in and of itself is bad enough, but he has since left his wife of over 20 years and moved in with the 'other' woman. Drama, drama, drama.

No comments: