Sunday, August 29, 2010

August Weekend

Yesterday morning, I got out in the yard and did a bit of setting up for Walter's water diversion project. I strung a line along the property line on the side of the house. Wow, the neighbor's black top almost comes up to it and kisses it in one place.

I took out the iPad and listed to the Glenn Beck - Restoring Honor Rally (on the C-SPAN app) while Walter & I pulled up rotting landscape timbers. I made it into the house in time to watch Glenn Beck's speech on C-SPAN.

Later on in the afternoon one of the neighbor's cats was cautiously following something in our yard, turned out to be a Black Snake about three foot long. We left to take care of any moles or voles that it could come across.

This morning Bounce took an absolute fit to get outside, turned out that he was on a mission to meet the neighbor's (across the street's) two new Labradoodle puppies. We walked over to let all the dogs get acquainted - which turned out very well. He was able to come home much calmer and I am sure that as the wee ones across the street get bigger, they'll will probably have a 'play date' in the the future.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:


Thought For the Day: "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28 KJV

Reason For Speeding

A senior citizen drove his brand new Corvette convertible out of the dealership. Taking off down the road, he pushed it to 80 mph, enjoying the wind blowing through what little hair he had left. "Amazing," he thought as he flew down I-75, pushing the pedal even more.

Looking in his rear view mirror, he saw a Florida State Trooper, blue lights flashing and siren blaring. He floored it to 100 mph, then 110, then 120. Suddenly he thought, "What am I doing? I'm too old for this!" and pulled over to await the trooper's arrival.

Pulling in behind him, the trooper got out of his vehicle and walked up to the Corvette. He looked at his watch, then said, "Sir, my shift ends in 30 minutes. Today is Friday. If you can give me a new reason for speeding--a reason I've never before heard--I'll let you go."

The old gentleman paused then said: "Three years ago, my wife ran off with a State Trooper. I thought you were bringing her back."

"Have a good day, Sir," replied the trooper.

No comments: