Sunday, February 20, 2011

Verizon Part 3 & 4

Well the replacement cell phone did arrive Saturday before noon as promised. I was highly amazed.

Then I went to get it all set up to run, that was another whole story. Here I started to get the thing all activated and set up and it won't let me activate it. It automatically called support.

I felt like I had been directed directly to the sales department and here I was just trying to activate the dang thing. It took a bit to get it done, but finally it was all set. While I was on the line, I was even offered an extra $50.00 off a phone upgrade, which was a great deal - but I really like my Droid so I didn't take advantage of it at the time. I wanted to see if the fix that they told me would happen actually would.

Part 4

Fast forward to Sunday afternoon, here I am out with Walter working in the yard. Trying to talk to Sean when drop, drop, drop goes the call. Enough is enough!  I did briefly look at my email before heading off and discovered that the phone that had been order to be delivered to the office on Friday (and was suppose to have been canceled on Friday) was on it's way for delivery on Tuesday the 22nd!!! Wow!

Still shaking my head from that, I headed off to the Verizon Wireless store (on Hull Street) to get this thing straighten out in person.  Enough of hanging on hold for hours on end.

Mike, Corey M, & Michael at the Verizon Store
Now I've got to admit that by the time that I arrived I was a bit 'testy' and in no mood to get jerked around.   I was getting registered at the sign in kisok trying to figure out exactly what to select as the reason for my visit, since there was no "pissed off" option when one of the salesmen very nicely helped me out there.

There was a crowd at the store so it took a little while until my turn came around, but once Corey M. got to me everything was much better.  He was very helpful in trying to resolve my issue with dropped calls.

I had pretty much decided before I got there that I was going to upgrade my phone to end all the dropped call issues, the only decision left was to decide which phone.  I had been thinking about getting the Droid X or the iPhone 4 but wasn't quite sure which I'd go with.  Corey M. was able to answer all my questions and made the switch to the iPhone.

Corey spoke with the Verizon Wireless national assistance (who hadn't been overall very helpful at all) trying to get them to offer me some sort of extra deal to compensate me for all the hassles that I had been dealing with.  They were a tough bunch to deal with and I was glad to have the extra help. In the end they did offer a small credit, but not nearly enough in my book.  Oh well!

Yet at the end of the day, I would have to say that the "Part 4" of my ordeal with Verizon Wireless was the handled the best.  Corey did a fantastic job of steering me through the complaint process.  Michael, Eric and Corey all were very knowledgeable about the iPhone, providing me with answers to each and everyone of my questions.  Thanks to them the conclusion to the issue was pleasant and left me feeling great about my purchase and experience at the Verizon Wireless store.  Thanks Guys!

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Gentle Lessons of Life
  • A penny saved is obviously the result of a government oversight 
  • The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.
  • The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight, because by then your body and your fat have gotten to be really good friends.
  • The easiest way to find something lost around the house is to buy a new replacement for it
  • He who hesitates is probably doing the right thing.
  • Did you ever notice: The Roman Numerals for forty (40) are ' XL.'
  • If you think there is some good in everybody, you obviously haven't met 'everybody'.
  • If you can smile when things go wrong, you must have someone else in mind to blame.
  • The sole purpose of a child's middle name is so that he can tell when he's 'really' in trouble.
  • There's always a lot to be thankful for if you take time to look for it. For example, I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt.
  • Did you ever notice: When you put the 2 words 'The' and 'IRS' together it spells 'Theirs.'
  • Aging: Eventually you will reach a point when you stop lying about your age and start bragging about it.
  • The older we get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for.
  • Some people try to turn back their life's odometers. Not me, I want people to know 'why' I look this way. I've traveled a long, long way and some of the roads weren't paved.
  • When you are dissatisfied and would like to go back to youth, think of Algebra.
  • You know you are getting old when everything either dries up or leaks.
  • One of the many things no one tells you about aging is that it is such a nice change from being young.
  • Ah, being young is beautiful, but being old is comfortable.
  • First you forget names, then you forget faces. Then you forget to pull up your zipper. It's even worse when you forget to pull it down.
  • Long ago when men cursed and beat the ground with sticks, it was called witchcraft. Today, it's called golf.
  • Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth. Amen!

No comments: