Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Wednesday

Good morning.

My email was interesting this morning. I hope y'all enjoy it. I'm not sure of it's actual origins but it surely took a whole lot of work to do. It was originally a .gif file (so there was no sound to begin with), but wouldn't upload properly so I made it into a movie so that I could share it.

I talked with Sean this afternoon and he was shook up - it seems that he had stepped on what he thought was about a 6-inch long Copperhead. He was happy to away from the area. I'm just glad that he didn't get bit by anything.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought For The Day:We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst.” C.S. Lewis

Democrat Convention

Another Thought For The Day: "Someday everything will make perfect sense. So for now laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears and keep reminding yourself that EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON!"

Along the same line: Somebody put a LOT of time into this one!!!
Click on the year: 2008

Love in a Mental Hospital

Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all that they have.

Jim and Edna were both patients in a mental hospital. One day while they were walking past the hospital swimming pool, Jim suddenly jumped into the deep end.

He sank to the bottom of the pool and stayed there. Edna promptly jumped in to save him. She swam to the bottom and pulled Jim out.

When the Head Nurse Director became aware of Edna's heroic act, she immediately ordered her to be discharged from the hospital, as she now considered her mentally stable.

She went to tell Edna the news:

'Edna, I have good news and bad news. The good news is you're being discharged. Since you were able to rationally respond to a crisis by jumping in and saving the life of another patient, I have concluded that your act displays sound judgment and that you have a sound mind. The bad news is Jim, the patient you saved, hung himself in the bathroom with his bathrobe belt right after you saved him. I am so sorry, but he's dead.'

Edna replied, 'He didn't hang himself, I put him there to dry. How soon can I go home?'

No comments: