Saturday, March 8, 2008

Saturday

It's still raining here this morning, but not nearly as hard as last night. A good gentle rain is much better any way.

I heading out this morning to run a couple of errands. I have a package to pick up at the post office, I would be so thrilled if the mailboxes here were larger, or the postman would actually bring back packages on a second day. This running to the post office can really try your patiences. There is a sale at the mall that I'm going to check out, 40% off. Not bad on clothing. Then I need to pick up some new make up, and possibly get my nails done. Much more and I won't be home all day. But I'm thinking optimistically and hope to be home in the early afternoon. I really don't like shopping, but it is a necessary evil sometimes.

I was able to take this shot of a Robin on the side of the road as I was headed out shopping this morning. Not bad for a zoomed in image and it drizzling rain.

Shopping went fairly well. I was able to find a couple of outfits, although I did have to go to four separate stores to put them together. My last stop on the way home was to the nail salon. My nail are all nice and neat once again, and not too long to type.

Walter has been spending the day playing some sort of video game on the television set. It seems to be some sort of Asheron's Call without the internet connection.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

To Maintain a Healthy Level of Insanity

  1. At Lunch Time, Sit In Your Parked Car With Sunglasses on and point a Hair Dryer At Passing Cars. See If They Slow Down.
  2. Page Yourself Over The Intercom. Don't Disguise Your Voice.
  3. Every Time Someone Asks You To Do Something, Ask If They Want Fries with that.
  4. Put Your Garbage Can On Your Desk And Label It "In."
  5. Put Decaf In The Coffee Maker For 3 Weeks. Once Everyone has Gotten Over Their Caffeine Addictions, Switch to Espresso.
  6. In The Memo Field Of All Your Checks, Write "For Smuggling Diamonds".
  7. Finish All Your sentences with "In Accordance With The Prophecy."
  8. Dont use any punctuation.
  9. As Often As Possible, Skip Rather Than Walk.
  10. Order a Diet Water whenever you go out to eat...use a serious face.
  11. Specify That Your Drive-through Order Is "To Go."
  12. Sing Along At The Opera.
  13. Go To A Poetry Recital And Ask Why The Poems Don't Rhyme.
  14. Put Mosquito Netting Around Your Work Area And Play tropical Sounds All Day.
  15. Days In Advance, Tell Your Friends You Can't Attend Their Party Because You're Not In The Mood.
  16. Have Your Coworkers Address You By Your Wrestling Name, Rock Bottom.
  17. When The Money Comes Out of The ATM, Scream "I Won!, I Won!"
  18. When Leaving The Zoo, Start Running Towards The Parking lot, Yelling, "Run For Your Lives, They're Loose!!"
  19. Tell Your Children Over Dinner. "Due To The Economy, We Are Going To Have To Let One Of You Go."
  20. And The Final Way To Keep A Healthy Level Of Insanity...... Share This With Someone To Make Them Smile.
It's called therapy.

No comments: