Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thursday Crunch

Here it is pushing 6 p.m. and we're in the finally crunch of getting things together for the conference that actually beings at 7 p.m. tonight. Looks like I'll be putting in the hours here at the office getting the power point presentation printed out so that we'll have it for the meeting on Saturday. We could have put it off till tomorrow, but no one will be in the office. We are having a clinical session as part of the meeting this time, so everyone needs to be in attendance.

Walt will be coming in this evening from Franklin. It looks like he had a good week. He even sent me a couple of photos this morning, one of the sunrise and the other of the frost on the grass. I'll have to get those posted here a little later in the evening (while the presentation is printing). He's going to be watching out for Carla for me while the conference is in session.

Sean and Buddy (new name for the Puggle) will be coming over to the house on Saturday. Carla met Buddy last night and they got along fine. I don't think we'll have any trouble whatsoever. Buddy will sleep with Sean and Carla with me.

UPDATE: 10:00 p.m.

Would you believe that I’m still at the office? I can hardly believe it myself. I was scheduled to leave here around 4:00 p.m. for the Omni to help Brian set up for the meeting this evening and for the meeting in the morning, but that just didn’t happen. Doc got all wrapped up in surgery today and didn’t even finish his power point presentation for the meeting until 6 p.m. this evening. Well, of course, it has to be printed. So here I sit, waiting on the printer to spit out a few copies. Then staple and wait some more. The darn thing took almost 2 boxes of copy paper.

Around 8:30 this evening I ran out to Staples to pick up another box of paper. Everyone was sure that we were going to have enough paper to print this thing….That was until I actually printed it out. He wanted a large number of the slides printed as single sheets, thus the need for so much more paper. It would have been a breeze if I had just had three slides to a page and could have done doubled sided prints I’d have been out of here in no time.

No comments: