Thursday, January 8, 2009

An Amazingly Hectic Day!!!

It has been one hectic day! A normal day is hectic enough with ever changing deadlines and new projects, but today really has taken the cake.

I left out this morning with the anticipation of only needing to deal with work and to go visit Walter in the hospital following his surgery. Well...that didn't last long. A quick phone call from Walter threw the afternoon into turmoil. They could schedule closing today! Of course, the sooner the better the only trouble was it was scheduled during his surgery.

So here I sit at the realtor's office awaiting our closing. Walter will only be here in spirit as he is currently in the OR (they took him into surgery at 3:05 p.m.). The title company representative isn't here yet! The pokey person. Punctuality would be great.

Well, I finally got into signing papers around 4:20 p.m. It took about 35 minutes to sign the quarter inch stack of papers in what seemed like triplicate. Sign for Walter, sign for myself, initial for Walter, inital for myself. Ahhhh.... No wonder people don't like to go through this mess too often. Well it was all worth it. Walter bought his first home while he was in surgery.

I made a run by the new house to pick up the key, have one made for Walter and dashed to the hospital. The doctor came in around 6 to let us know how he had done. Everything seemed to have gone fine. They got him in his room around 8:15 p.m.

Mom & I waited until after Walter got in his room before we left. He was in good spirits in general. He was very pleased about his purchase and was definitely ticked about having his own key. The only complaint that he had was lack of morphine. He's on a pump, but it doesn't work the way that the one that he had in Tennessee. We left him as he was finally settling in to sleep.

I drove Mom back home and finally got home myself after 10:15 p.m. It has been a long day and Walter wants me to come by on my way out to work in the morning, so I foresee another long one. Plus I've now got boxes out the ears in the dining room. It will make us look like alcoholics when we move, but they are good moving boxes.

Time to hit the hay. More updates tomorrow.

No comments: