Saturday, January 10, 2009

Saturday

We've had a busy last couple of days. Early Friday morning (5:15) Walter gave me a call wanting me to bring him a couple of things to the hospital before I went to work. It made for a beginning of a very long day. After a very full day at the office I was back over at the hospital after stopping off for a few groceries, which turned out to be a problem.

Somewhere between swiping my debit card at the register and the car I lost it. How, I haven't a clue but needless to say it was gone. Not fretting too much, I figured it was in the bottom of my purse and I just couldn't put my hands on it. While I was visiting with Walter, I dug through the purse and came up empty. I left him sleeping soundly and head back home. I called and reported the card lost and found out that someone had used the card at a BP station shortly after I had been in the grocery store. Thank goodness I'm covered - I'll be reimbursed for any fradulent charges. Now just to wait for the new card to arrive so I can get back to normal shopping.

Today I did get to sleep in for a little while. I started out the day packing the bookcases and trying to get things cleaned up for Walter's return home. He had brought a bunch of boxes in on Thursday and they were beginning to take over everything. Mom jumped in and came over and help to begin packing up the kitchen. In the midst of all the packing, Walter called to tell us that he was being discharged.

I picked him up close to 2 p.m. He was so happy to get home. He couldn't stand the bed at the hospital. I do believe that it was about to drive him nuts. He was able to relax once he got here. I was glad to see him settling in. It does appear that he is doing better this time. Could be a good sign of a quick recovery....let's all hope and pray that is the case.

Dean & Sean came by to visit with him for an hour or so. They had their own good news as well. They are buying a house off Genito Road. So they will be getting out of the apartment in a few months as well. The visit wore Walt out so he's headed off to bed. I don't expect to see him till morning.

No comments: