Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Dark Side

I finally did it after years of toying with the idea. I have crossed over and purchased a MacBook. I didn't think that it would happen, but here I am typing this on the MacBook. The crossover probably won't be as difficult as I 'dreaded' since I already use both the iPad and iPhone - and those in conjunction with iCloud. The basics are already in place, it is just going to be the "technical" that will be different. How do I do X and where do I find Y?

There have been a few projects lately that I have wanted to do but the applications to do them are only available on the Mac. There is also the possibility of a new suite of programs coming out in the next few months and with a new release it would be great to be able to just switch platforms without losing the option to upgrade. Sort of the perfect time to make the jump - if not totally to work in dual mode.

I know that I will continue to work with the PC and MacBook, since there are a number of applications that I utilize that are only available on the PC and then there are those that are Mac specific as well. I'm really looking forward to working with iBooks Author.

No comments: