Friday, May 19, 2006

And the Yard Work Continues

This morning I popped over to the neighbors house and finished digging up the shrubs that they wanted to have removed. I ended up putting in six juniper bushes and transplanting two of my own bushes that I thought would do better elsewhere.

While I had a brief opportunity to catch a mother purple finch out of the nest I got this photo of the four eggs. If I am lucky before long I will be able to get a shot of the hatchlings.



We had a small tragedy at our house this afternoon, the deck table shattered into a billion pieces. I believe that the wind caught hold of the umbrella and lifted it up enough so that when it fell over it hooked the table top and shattered it. There are still bits and pieces of glass fragments to get out of the deck (especially between the deck boarding). So it shoes on - on the deck for a while.

I did figure out a way to recover the table and that is to create a "mural" on a piece of plywood and seal it for use out of doors. It will be sturdier than the glass and a heap cheaper too.

No comments: