Tuesday, May 9, 2006

Today's Yard Work

I got a lot of yard work in today. I separated several hosta plants and put them into a new bed. I moved my lilac bush which hasn't ever bloomed and found that there were three plants there. So I moved into experiment mode - each is in a different location in the yard. Perhaps one of them will bloom. I moved around more of the slates and they look GREAT. I put a path to the entry under the deck, one under the water hose and a small path between our house and the neighbor - right through the flower bed. I even trimmed up the forsythia so that they don't over take the whole flower bed and nipped a few limbs off the birch tree in the front to make it a bit easier to mow around.


The peonys are blooming and their busy little friends "the ants" are out and about doing their job, whatever that may be.

Busy Ant

Dean put in a round of lawn mowing after dinner, including all the trimming and blowing off the clippings from the walk and driveway.

No comments: