Saturday, December 1, 2007

Saturday

This morning Carla was basking in the sunlight as it streamed in from the patio door, when all of a sudden she began to whine. Much to my surprise I discovered a cat lurking around the back of the screened porch. Carla, of course was be side herself wanting to get out of the house.

So I slipped open the door and out she went quick as lightening - through the patio door, down the hill and into the edge of the woods. She was hot on the trail of the "intruder". After a brief foray into the woods she quickly returned to the comfort of the apartment, secure in the fact that she had protected the house from that cat.

I took the opportunity to try out the camera and see just how well I was able to zoom in on such a distant subject. Not too bad, I was even able to catch the prowler cleaning up from the adventure.

I spent the morning and early afternoon enjoying a new book that I picked up last night, Rhett Butler's People, by Donald McCaig. So far it has been a terrific read - it interlaces quite nicely with Gone With the Wind. Mr. McCaig has done a wonderful job.

This afternoon I headed off to help Christie & friends celebrate the upcoming arrival of her new little one.

Here we have the Mother-to-be in with her tiara - radiant! Also a photo of the happy parents to be. They both look extremely happy.












Almost forgot to add - the other fru-fru sister that used to work in our office, Lynne just found out that she is expecting and due sometime in August '08.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought For the Day: Cherish all your family and friends, they are the real jewels in your life.

No comments: