Friday, November 20, 2009

Finally Friday

Yippee!! Friday is finally here. Not that it's going to be such an awesomely exciting weekend, it just that the week has been soooooo long.

Walt & I finished up staining the mantle after I got home from work this evening. It's looks pretty darn good, if I do say so myself. It kinda makes up for the bruises incurred during the installation.

Now I'm going to have to paint a canvas for above the mantle - the one there although it is a 24 x 36 just isn't big enough for the space. What to paint and when will I have the time? Two huge questions.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought For the Day: "It is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of hope. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth -- and listen to the song of that siren, till she transforms us into beasts. ... For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it might cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it." -- Patrick Henry

Hand Dryers

Everyone in the cleaning industry has always been told that hand dryers in restrooms are not sanitary, they spread germs and bacteria around. I always thought that this just came from the paper companies because they are loosing sales to the hand dryers. A couple of years ago, I was working with a rep, and I noticed that after he washed his hands and noticed that there were no paper towels, only a hand dryer he left the restroom with wet hands. I asked him about it. He said that hand dryers blow a lot of germs and bacteria around. He also told me to take a look under the hand dryer next time I was in a restroom. There is a filter underneath the hand dryer that is supposed to be cleaned on a weekly basis. I looked at one and it looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years. It had layers and layers of caked on gunk (disgusting).

Since then I will not use hand dryers in restrooms. Now this is where the story gets really interesting. The schools and universities that have had the H1N1 (swine flu) outbreak this year are being told by the health department that they have to take out all of their hand dryers and replace them with towel dispensers because the hand dryers are spreading disease. Please pass this along so everyone knows not to use hand dryers.

No comments: