Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Is It Really Tuesday?

Coming into the office after a three day weekend has been trying. Who'd have thought that so much could go wrong in such a short time in a place where no one was at?

One of our external hard drives decided that it just couldn't handle the thoughts of a power outage. I arrived this morning to find a lovely message displayed in red on my desktop monitor "No Drive Found - Please Format". Definitely not a delightful thought when there is nearly a terabyte of information on said "unformatted" drive!! After speaking to the drive manufacturer, I was up for a real happy dance. Turned out that part of the trouble was that the drive had difficulty recovering from the power outage, due to outdated firmware. A couple of hours later and we're all back up and running smoothly. YEAH! For a while there I was ready to bang my head on the wall in frustration and ready to shed a tear in frustration over the whole ordeal. I was in no way remotely happy with the thought of trying to recreate the information that was on the drive. Grrr. In addition to this 'little' problem, our time clock had been knocked out as well. That didn't take much for them to get it back up and running. Thank goodness for small miracles.

At least my headache has finally subsided and perhaps I can get the major task that I've been assigned for the day accomplished.

No comments: