Saturday, October 20, 2007

Saturday Events

I managed to sleep past 8 a.m. this morning, surprise, surprise, surprise.

The weather outside is lovely! I've got the sliding door open. Carla is laying in the grass enjoying the sun. I've even cleaned up the patio a bit - almost time to get all the leaves up from the dogwood tree.

Mom is coming over this morning to get a perm. I will be nice visiting with her.

Walter & I may try Howl-O-Scream this evening - if the weather stays like this we most likely will.

I got the perm put into Mom's hair. It looked really nice. I do hope that she is please and that it stays in until after the first of the year for her. We had a very nice visit. Something that we don't get to do much any more, since I've began working. There are some days that it would be nice to have those regular weekly visits that we're used to having.

Mom had taken the photo that I took of Sean standing by the fireplace and had it printed. He looked so nice. Anyway, she had brought an extra copy for me to get to Louise.

Walter popped down to visit about the time that we finished up. The weather had remained perfect for an outing to Bush Garden - so he and I left a bit before we were going to, to run several errand.

We ran out to S&K and picked up his suit - now we'll see if he will be a good guy and wear it for me on a somewhat regular basis (I doubt it but there is hope). We had the car washed, ran by the bank and the final stop before hitting the highway was L.G's. We dropped off the photo of Sean to her.

It was good seeing her. She was looking well, which is wonder.

The trip was uneventful. Ever since we started taking 60 and 199 into Williamsburg our trips have been quite smooth. Well, it was uneventful until we got into the turn lane to enter the park. That is where the sitting began. Were in line for about 30 minutes when we turned the curve to see this large sign stating "PARK AT CAPACITY", No entry or Re-entry for Approximately 1 hour, Please Exit Ahead. We were flabergasted! Who would of thought that the park would reach capacity-then we even were having a hard time grasping that all the parking space could be filled. We had just passed by the BFE Parking lot which didn't appear to be full.

Any way a bunch of cars turned around about at the sign by crossing over 4 lanes of traffic, we stuck it out and were glad that we did. By the time we hit the entry point the park was once again open and to top it off we were shuffled to the PREMIUM PARKING lot without paying extra for it!

I was able to have a couple of really fun moments. We were riding The Big Bad Wolf and as the car was leaving the station, Walter said it was time for someone to scream, which I promptly did. He about died laughing. This turned out to be great fun to scream when there was nothing scary happening. It became the running joke for the rest of the evening. Then was we were heading into the Curse of Pompeii maze, I faked a rock in my shoe so that a couple of young couples could get ahead of me in line. They were hilarious - they scared so easily.

No comments: