Friday, October 12, 2007

Friday

Another busy day, the work day flew by and before we knew it it was 5:45 p.m.

This evening I headed over to visit with Sean. He was in need of some maternal assistance in picking out what to wear to the Homecoming Dance tomorrow night. I took him over to S&K and got him a nice suit (shirt & tie, too) that he will be able to wear to the dance then it will be great for church as well. He looked terrific!

I do believe that he had fun with me picking it out and even trying it on wasn't too bad. The manager taught him how to tie a Windsor Knot. Sean was so pleased with himself. It was a great trip out.

I was able to take several photos of him while we were in the store. This is a pretty good one of him while he was trying on his suit. Of course, by tomorrow the pants will have been cuffed. But he sure does look handsome.

I told him "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" - I'm so glad that I was able to find something that I could get him for his birthday that was use as well as something that he wanted.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought For the Day: Why is there an expiration date on my sour cream container?

I got this movie in my email this evening. It really gave me an extreme chuckle! I hope that you have one as well.



Biker Problem

A little guy is sitting at the bar just staring at his drink for half an hour when this big trouble-making biker steps next to him, grabs his drink and gulps it down in one swig. The poor little guy starts crying.

"Come on man. I was just giving you a hard time," the biker says. "I can't stand to see a man crying."

"This is the worst day of my life," says the little guy between sobs. "I can't do anything right. I overslept and was late to an important meeting, so my boss fired me. When I went to the parking lot, I found my car was stolen and I don't have any insurance. I grabbed a cab home but, after the cab left, I discovered my wallet was still in the cab. At home I found my wife in bed with the gardener and my dog bit me. So I came to this bar trying to work up the courage to put an end to my life, and then you show up and drink the poison!"

No comments: