Thursday, October 18, 2007

Thursday

The day was busy as usual.

This evening Walter came by work after he got off to help rescue one of the ladies at work. She had crunched her bumper this morning, when she backed into their golf cart. He tried to pop off the bumper and pop out the dent, but he didn't quite have enough time before she had to head off to pick up her kids for the evening. The good news is that when she got home her husband was able to fix it right up since Walter had all the prep work done for him.

I took Walt out to S&K to pick out a suit for him. He was the stubborn one though. It took almost an act of congress to get him into a suit and finding a tie. He ended up with a beautiful black suit, true blue shirt with a blue/yellow/black tie. He will look so good in it, IF, I can ever get him to wear it out.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought For the Day: People who soar are those who refuse to sit back and wish things would change. - Charles R. Swindoll, Author and Pastor

Wal-Mart Diet

I was in Wal-Mart buying a large bag of Purina for Daphne [my dog] and was standing in the check out line. A woman behind me asked if I had a dog........I was feeling a bit crabby, so on impulse, I told her no, I was starting The Purina Diet again, although I probably shouldn't because the last time I tried it I ended up in the hospital, but that I had lost 50 pounds before I awakened in the intensive care unit with tubes coming out of almost everywhere and IV's in both arms.

Her eyes about bugged out of her head. So I went on and on with the bogus diet story and she was totally buying it. I told her that it was an easy, inexpensive diet and that the way it works is to just load your pockets or purse with Purina nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry. The package says the food is nutritionally complete so I was going to try it again.

I have to mention here that practically everyone in the line was by now enthralled with my story, particularly a tall guy behind her.

Horrified, she asked if I thought something in the dog food had poisoned me and was that why I ended up in the hospital.

I said no.....I was sitting in the road licking my butt when a car hit me.

I thought the tall guy was going to have to be carried out of the store.

BATHROOM PAINTED FLOOR

*IMAGINE YOU ARE AT A PARTY on the tenth floor....*

*YOU'VE BEEN DRINKING.....* *(not that you would...)*


*AND THEN YOU HAVE TO VISIT THE BATHROOM.... *

*You open the door.... **

NOW, REMEMBER,* *THE FLOOR IS JUST* *! A PAINTED FLOOR!**

KINDA TAKES YOUR BREATH AWAY.....* *DOESN'T IT?*


No comments: