Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sunday

Here it is Sunday evening. The day has been much more than I had ever expected.

Walter came down this morning and surprised me! He was wearing his suit!!

He & I had lunch at Chilpolte's. Nice and spicy. Yum!

When we got home I check my mail, from yesterday, and my Passport had arrived! Yippee! Now I'm all set to head off anywhere that I want to go. Fun! I called Marion to check on Kimi, since she had applied for her passport on the same day that I had. She had received hers the same day as I did.

The afternoon turned into a real fiasco! I was watching a movie when Carla went crazy. A bunch of kids from the neighborhood had come around the back of the building, I thought to play. Turned out that they had witnessed a couple having a real knockdown fight. The man had pulled her back into the apartment using a choke hold - and holding a knife. The kids thought that he was going to kill her. The woman had thrown her cell phone from the balcony and yelled for someone to phone the police.

That explains the 10 kids that descended upon me. I phoned the police for them and held them here until the officer arrived and finally sorted out the whole situation. In the end I felt like I had been running a day care facility for about two hours (without pay), and was sort of frustrated that the police officer had not checked back in with me before they left to let me know that it was okay to let the kids leave. I ended up calling the dispatch back to make sure that everything was okay. The woman in question was alright - not injured - when I called back.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Halloween's Coming
Be afraid - Be very afraid!

No comments: