Saturday, April 26, 2008

Saturday

Another fine Spring day. Carla has been enjoying having the door open and being able to come and go (at least from house to patio). I've moved Tweat's cage outside for the day. She does seem to enjoy it when I put her outside. Sometimes there is what sounds like conversation going on between her and the other birds in the woods.

A little later this morning I'll be running up to the car to get all the boxes out. It appears that this time when I move it won't just look like I'm some sort of alcoholic (with all the liquor boxes) but maybe some sort of medical supply company as well. Boxes from work are terrific. If I'm very energetic all get the laundry done as well.

The plans for Monday are to go with Roz to Victory Lady and sign up. She and I are going to be working out together on Monday, Wednesday and Thursdays. It will be great for both of us - someone to workout with always is much more fun.

I headed out this afternoon on a mission to get a photoshop book from Books-a-Million only to find that they had nothing that I wanted and was going to have to go to Barnes & Noble any way. Then when I got to the one closest is closing up to move across the street to the mall and had nothing that I was looking for. So I took a slight side trip to visit with Marion & her family. I was able to meet the new granddaughter. She was delightful. I was even able to see all of the kids. It was nice catching up.

I finally was successful at getting the book I was looking for, but then the dreaded "bookstore mania" came over me and I ended up walking out with 6 different books. I could be book poor. It is not a great place for me to hang out. Since I usually come out with more than I ever went in to buy in the first place.

I did also get the opportunity to stop by and visit with Alice for a short time. I think that we had a nice visit.

The rainly has finally made it Richmond. Carla is hiding out now that the thunder has begun.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought For the Day:
“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclination, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.” — John Adams

Lawn Burglars

Brookpark, Ohio: Burglars recently broke in to an unoccupied house that was being renovated for sale. Among the items they stole were roofing shingles, a lawn mower, weed whackers, and lumber.

They broke into a storage area under the deck and also a shed in the back. Before leaving, though, they mowed the lawn of the residence.

Neighbors report seeing strange men walking around the home, but they never called the police because they figured the men were hired to do the lawn.

The owners are quoted as saying they will leave a pressure washer and painting equipment for the thieves next week as they did a better job than the lawn care company they had hired, and they were cheaper also.

Epitath

A doctor wrote about an epitaph he had seen in a local cemetery:

"In memory of my father: gone to join his appendix, his tonsils, his olfactory nerve, a kidney, an eardrum, and a leg prematurely removed by an intern who needed the experience."

An unusal purchase: I went into the gas station today and asked for five dollars worth of gas. The clerk farted and gave me a receipt.

People In Your Life

People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime. When you know which one it is, you will know what to do for that person. When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend and they are. They are there for the reason you need them to be. Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end. Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away. Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand. What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done. The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.

Some people come into your life for a SEASON, because your turn has come to share, grow or learn. They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh. They may teach you something you have never done. They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy. Believe it, it is real. But only for a season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons, things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson,
love the person and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life. It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

No comments: