Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Tuesday

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought For the Day:
"Why do they lock gas station bathrooms? Are they afraid that someone will clean them?"

GI Rally

It was World War II, and the captain was attempting to rally the GIs on the eve of a big offensive.

"Out there," said the captain, "is your enemy. The man who has made your life miserable, who is working to destroy you; the man who has been trying to kill you day after day throughout this war."

Private Johnson jumped to his feet. "The cook's working for the Germans!"

1-800-45TEACH

A high school senior, saw an inspirational advertisement on television about becoming a teacher. She called the number shown: 1-800-45TEACH. After a woman answered, the student babbled on about how she thought she had found her life's calling and could she send her some information.

The lady who answered the phone asked the student what number she was calling. The student told her and there was a long pause.

Then the woman said, "You misspelled teach."

Flat Cat

Mr. Frobisher walked anxiously to the house and knocked.

When a nice old lady answered, he said very sad, “I’m sorry, madam, but I have some bad news. “I’m afraid I have run over your cat. I… I would like to replace it.”

The little lady looked him up and down and said, “I'm game, but how are you at catching mice?

No comments: