Sunday, April 6, 2008

Sunday

Conference Day 3 - This is our final day here in Nashville. We are attending a full day with Dan Kennedey. I'm sure that I'll have a tremendous pile of notes by the end of the day.

Our flight out is around 6:00 p.m., I'll update everybody by phone when we're finally on the way home. See ya'll later on.

Sitting in the Nashville airport awaiting the arrival of our plane, I was hanging out sitting in the floor working on flowcharts. When it was brought to my attention that George Carvell was just across the hallway from us at the newstand. Hmmm. Do I work on the flowchart or get up and speak? Hmmm. Work on the flowchart, because I didn't have anything nice to say. Now, if I had been a Democrat I could have become all fluttered and fallen all over myself, but alas no need for me to worry myself.

Just got a call from Sean, it seems that he was playing in a wheelchair up at Kroger when he got his finger stuck in the wheel. He apparently got it stuck really well, and there was concern that he may have even broken it. Dean took him to Patient First. There was good news, only really pinched.

Our flight to Dulles was uneventful. I spent the time reading Sex Money Kiss, by Gene Simmons. Much to my delight it is much better than I first assumed, very enlightening. Upon arrival we were greeted with the unhappy news that our flight to Richmond was delayed about an hour and a half. There was debate as to whether or not to just blow off the flight and rent a car and drive home, but after figuring that it would most likely take that long just to secure our luggage before we left we settled in for the duration.

I called Walter from the plane as we were leaving Dulles so that he would know when to leave to come pick me up. The temperatures were cool but definitely tolerable, but we were heading in a drizzle at home.

Walter, bless his heart, met me at the airport to take me home. He was waiting in the lobby as close to the gate as airport security would allow. He was tremendously helpful in getting the computers back to the car - I didn't have to tote it any more.

It was nice finally getting back home. Carla was thrilled.

No comments: