Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Halfway Through the Week.

We started off the morning a little damp. It had rained again during the night. It made for a humid start to the day.

Work went well today. I've been working on helping get a website up. So there's been video editing and conversion, and a few graphics. The BIG thing was the prospect of having FIOS installed today. It's there, but not connected to anything but the back phone room. I'll be talking with the networking fellows tomorrow and see what we can do about getting the FIOS router connected in properly. Headaches...this was suppose to be easy...yeah right! Only in my dreams. I'll never be so happy to have a project behind me, as I will when this FIOS is finally humming along on it's own without anyone needing to 'think' about it.

This evening has started out with more rain. There is a possibility of more storms. Oh boy, I can't wait.

This is a photo of Walt with his birthday present for himself. I've been teasing him about having a new 'girl friend'. It's all he's been talking about for quite sometime now. I'm glad that he has finally been able to get what he wanted.

I'm going to spend some time this evening exploring my new software, Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended. It has a whole lot of whistles and bells, but it will take some time to actually be proficient at using them. I did get to use it today during business hours, but not to really investigate how many of the new features work. Embedding video into a pdf is going to be interesting.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought For the Day: “No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms.” — Thomas Jefferson

No comments: