Thursday, July 31, 2008

The end of another week closing in...

Another productive day. The website stayed up and didn't appear to have any issues. We'll see how that goes tomorrow. We're now working on another site. Getting together all the necessary content and organizing it into the proper places.

I met up with Dad after work at the ballfield to pick up some fresh corn and tomatoes. His garden has been producing well so far and I really appreciate the fruits of his labor. I'm thinking that corn on the cob, fresh sliced tomatoes and green beans with diced onions sounds like a wonderful summer dinner. Hmmm...

As I pulled up to the field it dawned on me that I hadn't been at a Little League field since Sean had quit playing for the Junior Yankees...almost three years ago. Wow! It seemed like it had only been a season since I'd been there. If I hadn't of had to work it would have been a good evening to stay and watch.

Oh! At the ballfield the nephew was getting ready to play one of his last Little League All-Star games. I wasn't able to stay, but he seemed to be doing well in practice before I left. I hope that they were able to pull off a win this evening.

I went by Ukrops on the way home to pick up supplies for tomorrow's dinner. I'm fixing lasagna for Lucky. I have made it quite sometime, in fact, I had to pull out the very old Three Chopt Elementary School Cookbook that had a copy of the original recipe in it. Of course it never stays exactly the same, but the recipe is the starting point.

I got the sauce well underway before it was time for me to begin working a teleconference at 8 p.m. I was able to let it simmer the whole time the call was going on. The house is really smelling good. I'm about ready to put the noodles in and get them rolled up.

The lasagna went together wonderfully. It is all set and ready to go for tomorrow. I'm pretty sure that it is going to be a great dinner.

Walt & Patrick are heading back here this evening so that they can leave from here to go camping for the weekend. It'll be a nice getaway before Walter heads out of town for work next week, and the next, and the next....

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought For the Day:


SIGN IN A PHILADELPHIA STORE WINDOW

"WE WOULD RATHER
DO BUSINESS WITH
1000 ALQAEDA TERRORISTS
THAN WITH ONE SINGLE AMERICAN SOLDIER!"

This sign was prominently displayed in the window of a business in Philadelphia. You are probably outraged at the thought of such an inflammatory statement.

However, we are a society which holds Freedom of Speech as perhaps our greatest liberty.

And after all, it is just a sign. You may ask what kind of business would dare post such a sign.

Answer: A Funeral Home

Who said morticians had no sense of humor?) You gotta love it!!!

Barack's cabinetAnother Maxine Moment

No matter where you stand on the immigration issue this is a uniquely presented solution...

Everyone concentrates on the problems we're having in this country lately: illegal immigration, hurricane recovery, alligators attacking people in Florida .

Not me. I concentrate on solutions for the problems. It's a win-win situation.
+ Dig a moat the length of the Mexican border.

+ Send the dirt to New Orleans to raise the level of the levies.

+ Put the Florida alligators in the moat along the Mexican border.

No comments: