Friday, August 1, 2008

Date Night

I got out of work early this evening - it was quite an unusual event for me even to leave early. I think I surprised one of the co-workers just shortly before 4, she came in asking what I was doing. When I told her leaving, it seeemed to throw her a bit. (But then again, it is very unusal for me to leave early.) Then of course there was the requesite, why? I told her I had a date. Which led to her asking, what time? This is when I should have been a bit more...I don't know what...well, I said, "When he gets there." On reflection it was probably a bit more curt that I normally would have...then again it had been a hard day.

I did get out of the office just after 4 and was able to get home and have things all prepared for dinner. As an added bonus it is also going to make the weekend a very relaxed one. All the cleaning is done, and the only thing to finish left is laundry, and Saturday will be the perfect time to get it done.

I put Carla out on a lead for the evening. She enjoys hanging outside so much. As Lucky arrived she barked one time. It was so funny - she was my doorbell. I prepared a pan of lasagna and some bruchetta for dinner. I was so nice to cook for someone who really appreciated being cooked for. Really, nice.

The evening was very nice, great company and terrific conversation. Very nice....

No comments: