Monday, August 11, 2008

New Character

Whitney thought that her character needed a little revamping so this is what she came up with this afternoon.

I also had put together a character for Kirsty, who's no longer with us. I did a few PhotoShop additions, adding some jewelry. Since Kirsty is from Zimbabwe, she thought the spear was appropriate. It was so cute I had to include it.

After work with some urging from Pam, I headed back out to Dress Barn to see if they had a second blouse that I had looked at on Saturday. They did and as an added bonus, there was another blouse there that I hadn't seen before. So two blouses for one trip.

I talked to Mom this evening, she was out on the deck waiting for the owl to show up. We had a nice chat, right up to the time that he landed in the tree. An instant conversation ender. Hope she gets a good shot.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought For the Day:
“If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretence of taking care of them, they must become happy.” — Thomas Jefferson

”Yoga Nails”

A young woman who was worried about her habit of biting her fingernails down to the quick was advised by a friend to take up yoga to ease her nervousness. She did, and soon her fingernails were growing normally.

One day her friend stopped her and noticing her long, groomed nails -- asked her if yoga had totally cured her nervousness.

"No," she replied, "but now I can reach my toe-nails so I bite them instead."

"Paint Bonus"

The homeowner was delighted with the way the painter had done all the work on his house. "You did a great job." he said and handed the man a check. "Also, in order to thank you, here's an extra $80 to take the missus out to dinner and a movie."

Later that night, the doorbell rang and it was the painter. Thinking the man had forgotten something he asked, "What's the matter, did you forget something?"

"Nope." replied the painter. "I'm just here to take your missus out to dinner and a movie like you asked."

"Nervous Taxpayer"

A nervous taxpayer was unhappily conversing with the IRS Tax auditor who had come to review his records. At one point the auditor exclaimed, "Mr. Carr, we feel it is a great privilege to be allowed to live and work in the USA. As a citizen you have an obligation to pay taxes, and we expect you to eagerly pay them with a smile."

"Wonderful," returned Mr. Carr, with a giant grin on his face from ear to ear, "I thought you were going to want me to pay with cash!"

No comments: