Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thursday

It has been an unusual day. We did get a number of things done, but the day felt weird. I know its because I didn't go into the office yesterday. It made today feel like it should have been Saturday. I showed Brian the new Adobe ConnectNow at Acrobat.com it is a very nice online meeting service for three people. I can see a number of places where this could be really handy.

I took Carla out to Mom & Dad's for an overnight stay. They are going to be doing some work in the apartment tomorrow and this way she can have a better day than hanging out locked in a bedroom all day. Miss Tweat is even going to get to hangout outside tomorrow as well.

The sunburn from the weekend is beginning to peel. I knew it would after all the extra sun that I received yesterday at Bush Gardens. Things will even out here before too long. I did get some aloe to help speed along the healing process. Should only take a few days.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

A LITTLE FELLER IN EAST TEXAS

Barack Obama, is for banning all guns in America. He is considered by those who have dealt with him as a bit more than just a little self-righteous.

At a recent rural elementary school assembly in East Texas, he asked the audience for total quiet. Then, in the silence, he started to slowly clap his hands once every few seconds, holding the audience in total silence.

Then he said into the microphone, 'Children, every time I clap my hands together, a child in America dies from gun violence.'

Then, little Richard Earl, with a proud East Texas drawl, pierced the quiet and said: ''Well, dumb-ass, stop clapping!'

No comments: