Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Veteran's Day

First off, a big thank you to all our veterans for your service.

Another day of video editing. Everything I was looking at was beginning to run together by the end of the day. Seven hours is just about too long to look at a computer screen almost continuously. It was just one too many files...Oh well, I'll be back at again tomorrow.

I came home this afternoon at lunch to find the utility company out digging around the apartment. Not sure who was doing the work I asked and they told me they were with the gas company. They were laying new gas lines. It seems that they were having to put in the new lines, because the old ones have oodles of leaks and they can't find all the old ones. Now that just verified what we've known all along - at the old apartment I'd smell gas from time to time and even here. Not too long ago the neighbor told me that they had called the fire department because they smelled gas. Once they investigated they were told if they had walked down the hallway with a lighted cigarette it could have blown up the building. Just lovely. Well, on the much brighter side things are finally getting fixed.

Alice called this evening to tell me that the Food Lion is going through a rebranding after the first of the year and will changes names to Bloom. Now to me, Bloom sounds more like a florist than a grocery store. They have been remodeling their stores so it is in line with them trying to become a more "up-scale" grocery. We'll see how that all works out after they get the name changed over after the first of the year.

No comments: