Monday, November 17, 2008

Lunch & Learn

It has been another busy day. This morning I headed down to TecHead for a lunch and learn on Bridge, PhotoShop, Illustrator and InDesign. It was a very profitable trip for me. I picked up a number of tips that I'm sure that I'll be putting into action on a regular basis. I even had a mini Illustrator beginners lesson after we had finished our session. Not too bad.

The afternoon was full working on getting the magazine layout redone. We're on what I think is the 17th revision, the sixth full numbered revision. Hopefully this will be one of the last full revisions that we'll have to do.

We had a 5:30 conference call to go over social networking and all the things that we need to know to make it work properly. There's a lot to do and whole lot of sites to visit. The end of the day finally came just after 7:00 p.m. It was a long one, and I was ready to finally be on the way home for some rest and relaxation.

I found out that neither one of us had made it home this evening before the maintenance office closed - looks like a phone call will be necessary first thing in the morning. We're going to have to get the water all cleared up from around the front door before it becomes moldy and very gross. My entertainment this evening was led by Walter. He had Carla's dancing around the apartment all excited because he asked her if she wanted to "GO!" Just the word to make her just about go crazy.

The trip out to Jersey Mike's just about made her day. We made it back in just enough time to have dinner while watching House. A great way to wind down the evening.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought For the Day: "Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism." - George Washington

No comments: