Saturday, November 15, 2008

Lazy Saturday

The day started out slow and easy, I went out just after lunch to run a couple of errands. I was all set to head out when I opened to the door and found the temperature to be nearly 80-degrees! Here it has been down to near the 30's and we've bounced all the way around to 'summer' temperatures. Perfect weather for enjoying the outdoors today, but everything was still soaked from the rain on Friday.

Back to the trip out, I did a run out to Wally World, for all the cars that were in the parking lot you would have thought that there would have been more people in the store. I was surprised at the shelfs as well, not nearly as full as you would expect. It seems to me that they have cut back on the stock in the store. Now whether that is a valid observation or not I am not so certain as I typically stay out of the stores as of late.

As I was coming home down Midlothian I noticed that the price of gasoline has dropped down to $1.79 a gallon. What a drop from the high of about $4.00 just a moth or so ago. Next thing you know it will be below $1.50...oh we can only wish.

I got a phone call from our networking group in California this afternoon around 2:00 p.m. The server at the office had gone down. I ended up going in and turning it back on. Took me about an hour, but it was a necessary journey. It will be great if I don't have to make that journey again tomorrow.

The rain has started up again. Walter will be talking with maintenance on Monday about the water that is coming in again around the front door. It is just lovely to have wet carpeting and mud outside. Yuck! The mud is piled up from where they have laid new gas lines.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought For the Day: Life is a tragedy for those that feel and a comedy for those who think - fortune cookie

No comments: