Saturday, January 9, 2010

Catching Up

A little catching up is in order, since I have been totally neglectful of my blog for the past week or so. Not much extra ordinary has been going on. My major goal has been to stay warm. Burr.

With seemingly arctic temperatures and snow! Virginia just hasn't been feeling like itself lately. Here we all have been inundated with how we all need to pay money for carbon offsets because we are causing global 'warming', well...you could have fooled me. You would certainly not expect temperatures in the teens and 20's, let alone snow! I think someone is trying to pull the wool literally over the eyes of the world population. I wonder? Could there be a huge financial gain in selling carbon offsets? Follow the money to find out who is stirring up the ruckus.

I'm just loving the frozen 'lake' in the office parking lot. As of Friday the ice was as thick as four-inches in some places. One day soon we're going to drivethrough there and be swallowed by a huge sink hole.

I hopped online last night to sort of catch up on the news and I am kidding you not the following were stories that were on the Drudge Report:

I'm not too sure what's been going on, but it seems to me that things are going just a wee bit crazy. These headlines alone make you shake your head and laugh because they just seem so outlandish. Granted the human sacrifices is a tragic thing - witch doctors admitting too it is just strange. After reading the articles they make sense, but the headlines, whoa.

Spent a great evening last night out with CHHS alumni, we had a pre-get-together get together for dinner and then headed out to Buffalo Wild Wings for a late evening. We had a little birthday celebration for Josh & Wayne, turns out that they were born 3 hours apart. I'll keep it a secret as to who's the oldest. Birthday cake all around made for a nice ending to dinner.


I don't know exactly how I did it, but I managed to leave my keys at home (Walter was driving) which normally wouldn't have been an issue, but Walter got called into work. Hmm...no problem Kelly was a doll and gave me a ride home. The trouble was I had no keys! Mom to the rescue. Poor thing, I called her at 11 p.m. to see if she had a key to the house, she did and a quick drive by later. I was able to get into the house. Tragedy averted. I guess the worse thing that could have happened would have been a night in a hotel or at Mom & Dad's house.

No comments: