Friday, January 15, 2010

Afternoon Errands

The day has been surprisingly busy. I was able to accomplish so much before noon! I was having some trouble getting the computer to back up online, but it wasn't me this time. There was a software update going on at the company, which was only affecting people who were trying to do their initial backups. Which, needless to say, included me. But I'm back up an running now. Happily uploading in the background.

Sean came back over to visit for a few hours. While he was here he showed me this poem that he had written today:

The Hearts Grace

With this rose I give you my heart.
I give my love, deep from my heart.
Light fades, heart’s desire.

Your voice my guide, your hand my staff.
Your strength my shelter. Your love is the
light that brightens my way.

You rid my pain, you cast away my fears.
Forever lost in a sea of love.
Rich with faith, rich with hope our hearts fall in love.

He wrote this for his girlfriend, very sweet, and it isn't even for Valentine's Day.

We ran out and did some errand while the maids were at the house. Being a teenager, he had to eat or he was going to starve. Then we dropped by Car Pool to get the car washed. It was in desperate need of a good wash and vacuuming. It's been so long since it has been washed, that I don't remember getting it done the last time.

We ran past Tropical Treehouse Florist to pick up a rose to go with the poem and I even splurged for a bouquet for the table. They had a really nice bouquet for only $5.99 and it look a 100% better than the ones you can get from the grocery store that cost more.

After dropping Sean off, I headed back home for a bit more R&R. Although I did make a quick stop at Fordham Lake to see if there was any photographic inspiration there this afternoon. Nope. Maybe another day more fruitful.

No comments: