Monday, July 12, 2010

So Begins Another Week

Getting started with another week, this one is going to be a bit longer than normal.  We have a conference coming up the end of the week.  I'm looking forward to seeing all the group members there.

We are moving in to final preparation mode at the office, putting the finishing touches on everything and will be all set to go come Thursday afternoon.

This afternoon I was able to get in touch with Sessions.edu and they have all the records that show I have completed the my courses for the Certification in Graphic Design.  My next set of courses will begin opening either this evening or sometime tomorrow.  Eight more to go.  I'll be focusing on Print Production and Web Design.  Here's to moving forward.

Also found out this afternoon that the Blog is a good way to keep track of the kids.  Sean needed to know where he was on a day back in May and was able to back track using the blog and find out what he was doing.  Great memory aid.  Glad it was a help to him.  Who knows when we'll need it next?

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Checking your ID - A Different Perspective

This got my attention, it made me realize how many times I'm asked for ID, I never thought about it before.
Now that I have, I can't for the life of me see why anyone would get upset.
**********************************************
I'm a legal American citizen and I must show my ID when:
1. Pulled over by the police.
2. Making purchases on my credit card.
3. When I show up for a doctor's appointment .
4. When filling out a credit card or loan application .
5. When applying for or renewing a driver's license or passport .
6. When applying for any kind of insurance .
7. When filling out college applications .
8. When donating blood .
9. When obtaining certain prescription drugs .
10. When making some debit purchases, especially
if I'm out of state .
11. When collecting a boarding pass for airline or train travel .
12. When cashing a check at a bank or retail store.
I'm sure there are more instances, but the point is that we citizens of the USA are required to
prove who we are nearly every day!
Why should people in this country illegally , be exempt ???
Why shouldn't we guard our borders as closely as every other country in the world does ???
Go ARIZONA !!!

I believe it's time we stand up for what we believe!

No comments: