Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thursday

The day started off well and so far has continued along that same path. I was able to get several things completed at work today and that has set up for a good afternoon.

I left work early this afternoon to run several of my own errands and to rest up for the big teleseminar this evening. I'll be handling the technical end from home. I'm pretty sure that things will go just fine. It's all a matter of listening to what's going on.

When I got in from the office I ran into the maintenance people and was finally able to get some resolution to the odor problem in the apartment. They sprayed the vent area under the AC/Heating unit and the water heater with a bleach solution and have set up a dehumidifier. That should take care of the whole situation in no time.

I ran over to Kinko's this afternoon and had my passport photo taken and then put in my passport application at the post office. And much to my surprise, I ran into Kimi and Marion as I was leaving. Kimi was coming in to get her passport as well. She's heading off to the Caribian this coming Spring followed by a European tour next Summer as a "teen Ambassador". Pretty neat stuff. So we're waiting to see which one of us actually gets our passports first.

I finished up with a quick trip to Ukrops for a couple of things then back home to settle in for the evening. Walter has been down to visit since he's come home and may be back at some point later in the evening.

I pulled off the teleseminar without a hitch. It went smoothly. YIPEE!!

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:


Thought For the Day: If you're not scared or angry at the thought of a human brain being controlled remotely, then it could be this prototype of mine is finally starting to work. - John Alejandro King

Lotta Bull!!
(funny and true)

An Indian walks into a cafe with a shotgun in one hand pulling a male buffalo with the other. He says to the waiter: "Want coffee."

The waiter says, "Sure , Chief. Coming right up."

He gets the Indian a tall mug of coffee. The Indian drinks the coffee down in one gulp, turns and blasts the buffalo with the shotgun, causing parts of the animal to splatter everywhere and then just walks out.

The next morning the Indian returns. He has his shotgun in one hand, pulling another male buffalo with the other.

He walks up to the counter and says to the waiter, "Want coffee."

The waiter says "Whoa, Tonto! We're still cleaning up your mess from yesterday. What was all that about, anyway?"

The Indian smiles and proudly says..."Training for position in United States Congress: Come in, drink coffee, shoot the bull, leave mess for others to clean up, disappear for rest of day."

No comments: