Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Tuesday

Things have been pretty busy. I worked late last night. It's hard to believe that it is only Tuesday. I'm already on Thursday in my head. Hopefully I'll get it all straight before the day really gets started.

Walter & I both managed to get our laundry done last night. Yippee!

The day was as busy as usual, but the internet connection was giving us a terrible time. I'm looking forward to tomorrow when the NEW FIOS will be installed. It is really going to be a quantum leap in speed from the current fractal T1 connection that we have. I had a couple of LARGE files that needed uploading and finally just gave up and did the upload from home this evening. At least I can relax now, since I know that they have been done.

I had an interesting surprise on the door when I got home. It seemed that maintenance had come by to "clean my carpets"? Supposedly a requested service, NOT! What I had asked for was them to come in and make sure the water was out of the mechanical room so that it wouldn't mold and to see what they could do about the 'smell' from the leaking into the mechanical room. I was able to talk to the same girl in the office that requested the service for me over the weekend and she was as equally surprised. I told her to ask them if, "Anyone was at home?" in the maintenance office. Duh! The note also said that they couldn't do the service because Carla was out. Well logic here would say, tell the tenant a day before so that wouldn't be an issue. "Brainless bunch today!"

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought For the Day: You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to..........discourage him.

Here is a new version just for us who have white hair, or no hair at all. For us over middle age (or even those almost there) and all you others, check out this newest version of 'Jesus Loves Me'. It is quite good, so read, sing and enjoy:'

'JESUS LOVES ME'

Jesus loves me, this I know,
Though my hair is white as snow.
Though my sight is growing dim,
Still He bids me trust in Him.

(CHORUS)
YES, JESUS LOVES ME..YES, JESUS LOVES ME...
YES, JESUS LOVES ME, THE BIBLE E TELLS ME SO.

Though my steps are oh, so slow
With my hand in His I'll go
On through life, let come what may,
He'll be there to lead the way.

(CHORUS)

Though I am no longer young,
I have much which He's begun.
Let me serve Christ with a smile,
Go with others the extra mile
.
(CHORUS)

When the nights are dark and long,
In my heart He puts a song.
Telling me in words so clear,
'Have no fear, for I am near.'

(CHORUS)

When my work on earth is done,
And life's victories have been won.
He will take me home above,
Then I'll understand His love

(CHORUS)

I love Jesus, does He know?
Have I ever told Him so?
Jesus loves to hear me say,
That I love Him every day


"For Better, For Worse"

My husband retired, and for the first time in over 40 years I had to think about preparing midday meals. Tired of it after several months, I said, "I married you for better or worse, but not for lunch."

"Fair enough. From now on I'll make my own," he replied.

A few weeks later he had to go downtown on business and invited me to join him afterwards.

"We could have lunch at that Chinese place we both like," he suggested. I happily agreed. At the restaurant the next day we were seated, and the waiter came to take our order.

My husband looked up, a twinkle in his eyes and said, "Separate checks, please..."

No comments: