Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Tuesday

Yesterday was a real kicker. I was beat by the time that I left work and ready to fall out, but I had a hair cut scheduled. Walter went with me so that we could do some shopping afterwards.

We also went out to eat at Dolce Vita, a new Italian restaurant off what used to be Old Hundred Road. It was a really nice place. Great food and atmosphere.

I was pretty much calmed down when I got home, until I fired up the computer only to have it NOT START! I had a minor panic attack and called Gary our company computer guy. It was so funny, I tried to start it up with him on the phone and it started! He said that it was his "intimidating voice" that caused to start. (really funny). I did do a scan disk afterwards and everything looked just fine. It must have been a quirky moment. However! I did back up all my documents, just in case something goes.

This evening I arrived back home to find that the mechanical closet was "raining" again. I've called the maintenance department to come back and fix it. They said that they will be here within the hour. I doubt it, but we will see.

I was pleasantly surprised when maintenance arrived. It turned out that the fellow from this weekend didn't even tell the main maintenance office about the "shower" over the weekend.

So what had happened during the day today, was the people in the apartment above me called saying they didn't have hot water. Maintenance came out to relight their water heater, without knowing that the water heater had burst over the weekend. So now, I'm listening to the rain fall once again. Even though maintenance used a shop vac to clean up the water from upstairs. I'm beginning to think that the residence in the apartment above me have turned on their water heater again.

Oh! I had a quick call from Danielle this evening. She & the family are doing well. She does think that Faith may be coming down with a bit of a cold. I hope that it is over quickly.

I've been working this evening at home, "attending a teleconference" and make a couple of audio recordings. I'm planning on getting all this done and in the bed before 10:30 p.m.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought For the Day: Every one of us gets through the tough times because somebody is there, standing in the gap to close it for us. - Oprah Winfrey

Movie Meet

After I had purchased movie tickets for myself and my girlfriend, she went inside to find seats while I got some popcorn. By the time I was served, the previews were already being shown. I stumbled my way through the dark, sat down, put the popcorn in my girlfriend's lap and gave her knee an affectionate squeeze.

Then I heard a familiar voice say, "Pssst! John! I'm back here."

Concert Dreams

Not that I need reminding, but time flies much too fast. When I was a teenager, I used to whine to my parents, "Just once I would like to see Aerosmith in concert before I die."

The other day my 13-year-old son, an aspiring rock star, blew my mind with this: "Dad, I'd like to see Aerosmith just once before they die."

No comments: