Saturday, February 9, 2008

Saturday Excursions

The morning started out bright an early. I'm getting ready to get out of the house and hit the DMV first thing. Time to get the car title and registration all put into order. Then on the credit union to do the same thing. I do hope that lines will not be long and that everyone will be cooperative.

I've got to run by the supply house and pick up a couple of perms, but if I have time I'm going to slip into the nail salon and treat myself to a pedicure. After all the extra weekend work over the past month it will feel great! Who knows I might even get my nails done as well.

The day went terrific. It did take a while at the DMV, but I was able to get the title changed over to just my name. It didn't dawn on me until they had given me the new title that it is the first time that I've ever been the sole owner on a vehicle. The bank went equally as well, except that they have changed their policy on how to sign in for service. After almost 30 years of signing in at a podium - they sudden changed to having customers sign in with the tellers. So you wait in line for the teller to be signed in to talk to someone in the service area; only to then have to wait more on the service representative. I suggested that they put up a sign to notify people about the change and they told me that they couldn't. I pursued that a bit and they told me that they couldn't put up a sign because other branches hadn't. (I'm guessing about this point that that common sense had left the building.)

I was able to get in the salon and have my pedicure, nails and eyebrows done. The massaging chair was almost worth the whole trip. Ahh relaxation! Definitely a pampering experience.

I got out to Mom & Dad's to go to work on getting two perms put in. Mamaw was first up. I remember the first time that I gave her a perm way back in 1979, she was the first person that I ever gave a perm to. Funny, I still even have perm rods from then. Her perm came out very nice. Mom's went off with out a hitch and looked great. I was also able to get my laundry done at the same time. No laundry mat this week. Yippee!

It was nice watching the birds at the feeder. I have missed that since I've been in the apartment. I couldn't believe that I was able to get this photo of one of the birds through the window. From the deck I could even see the daffodils, they are already up about six inches and a number of other flowers are popping up as well. It was rejuvenating to be outside enjoying the day.

I dropped by Alice's house on the way back home and picked up some videos from her on how to draw the human body. It is composed of almost 200 lessons, so I thought it would be fun to to try.

MT - How was the fishing?

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Heredity

With her brown eyes and curly hair, our youngest daughter takes after my husband. At three, she was a lively, mischievous girl, and people often remarked on how cute she was. One day I was standing with her in the supermarket when a woman commented on how cute she was.

My smile disappeared when she asked, "Is she really yours?"

Psychology Course

During a phone conversation, my nephew mentioned that he was taking a psychology course at the university.

"Oh, great," I said. "Now you'll be analyzing everyone in the family."

"No, no," he replied. "I don't take abnormal psychology until next semester."

No comments: