Friday, February 22, 2008

An Icy Friday

We had some freezing rain here last night. It’s not on the ground, but definitely on the windshields. It should make for an interesting morning getting into work.

Turns out that the icy conditions this weren't all that bad, no trouble going in. I didn't even hear about any accidents.

Mom sent me an email today letting me know that her photo buddy, Chris Vlk, had been successful in getting photos of the eclipse. This is the link to his site.

I found out this evening that I'll be going to a conference in Nashville the first weekend in April. I'm glad Walt's going to be around to take care of Carla for me. The trip should be highly enlightening and educational. Lots to learn and take in.

Then I'll be off to Cleveland, OH in May, followed by my trip to Italy in September. It turns out that this is going to be a year of travel. Some for business and definitely some for fun. Walt & I've got some weekend scheduled to hit Bush Gardens this summer as well. I'm looking forward to the concert series again.

Email & Newsletter Gleanings:

Thought For The Day: Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them; but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight. — Helen Keller

This one is for everyone who...

a) has kids
b) had kids
c) was a kid
d) knows a kid
e) is going to have kids.
I guess that means all of us!!

DADDY'S GONNA EAT YOUR FINGERS

I was packing for my business trip and my three year old daughter was having a wonderful time playing on the bed. At one point she said,'Daddy, look at this', and stuck out two of her fingers.

Trying to keep her entertained, I reached out and stuck her tiny fingers in my mouth and said, 'Daddy's gonna eat your fingers,' pretending to eat them.

I went back to packing, looked up again and my daughter was standing on the bed staring at her fingers with a devastated look on her face.

I said, 'What's wrong, honey?'

She replied, 'What happened to my booger?'

Color Is Good

Yesterday I went to the doctor for my yearly physical.
My blood pressure was high, my cholesterol was high,
I'd gained some weigh, and I didn't feel so hot.
My doctor said eating right doesn't have to
be complicated and it would solve my physical
problems. He said just think in colors...
Fill your plate with bright colors...green,
yellows, red, etc.

I went right home and ate an entire bowl of:
And sure enough, I felt better immediately.
I never knew eating right could be so easy!

This Hurts

The pastor asked if anyone in the congregation would like to express Praise for answered prayers. A lady stood and walked to the podium She said, 'I have a Praise.' Two months ago, my husband, Jim, had a terrible bicycle wreck and his scrotum was completely crushed. The pain was excruciating and the doctors didn't know if they could help him.'

You could hear an audible gasp from the men in the congregation as they imagined the pain that poor Jim experienced. She continued, 'Jim was unable to hold me or the children and every move caused him terrible pain. We prayed as the doctors performed a delicate operation. They were able to piece together the crushed remnants of Jim's scrotum and wrap wire around it to hold it in place.'

Again, the men in the Congregation squirmed uncomfortably as they imagined the horrible surgery performed on Jim. She continued, 'Now, Jim is out of the hospital and the doctor's say, with time, his scrotum should recover completely.' All the men sighed with relief.

The pastor rose and tentatively asked if any one else had anything to say.

A man rose and walked slowly to the podium. He said, 'I'm Jim and I want to tell my wife, the word is sternum.'

The Power of Prayer

Someone has said if Christians really understood the full extent of the powerwe have available through prayer, we might be speechless. Did you know that during WWII there was an advisor to Churchill who organized a group of people who dropped what they were doing every day at a prescribed hour for one minute to collectively pray for the safety of England, its people and peace?

There is now a group of people organizing the same thing here in America. If you would like to participate: Every evening at 9:00 PM Eastern Time (8:00 PM Central) (7:00 PM Mountain) (6:00 PM Pacific), stop whatever you are doing and spend one minute praying for the safety of the United States, our troops, our citizens, and for a return to a Godly nation. If you know anyone else who would like to participate, please pass this along. Our prayers are the most powerful asset we have.

Daddy, how was I born?

A little boy goes to his father and asks 'Daddy, how was I born?'

The father answers, 'Well, son, I guess one day you will need to find out anyway!

Your Mom and I first got together in a chat room on Yahoo. Then I set up a date via e-mail with your Mom and we met at a cyber-cafe.

We sneaked into a secluded room, where your mother agreed to a download from my hard drive.

As soon as I was ready to upload, we discovered that neither one of us had used a firewall, and since it was too late to hit the delete button, nine months later a little Pop-Up appeared that said:

You've Got Male!

No comments: